fot

RE: Polishing Aluminum

To: "'yellowandgreen@comcast.net'" <yellowandgreen@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Polishing Aluminum
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:12:37 -0800
The best stuff for polishing is Nuvite. This site: www.perfectpolish.com
<http://www.perfectpolish.com>  has great information on the best ways to do
it.

  _____

From: yellowandgreen@comcast.net [mailto:yellowandgreen@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 12:07 PM
To: Bill Babcock
Subject: Polishing Aluminum

Dennis DeLap here in Illinois.........
winter is well on its way, and I am busy building a second race car.
I have had so much fun racing my TR3 that I have decided to convert my TR4
into a road racer as well. I have taken the Surrey Top apart and have had
the rear window piece stripped down to the bare cast aluminum. I am sanding
the rough casting areas with 220 wet - ultimately I would like to polish the
piece to have that shinny aluminum look that I love on old airplanes, and
hand built cars like yours.
What do you recommend for the polishing/buffing? I would take a digital
picture of Peyote as well. I do get to California on occasion - hope to
check you out one of these days in wine country or at the historics. Thanks