fot

Re: Portable Air Tank life?

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: Portable Air Tank life?
From: Jerry Barr <jerrybarr@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:11:09 -0600
Our high pressure air tanks (175 psi) we used to start a EMD 567A and a
Fairbanks Morse 38 1/8 diesel engine were treated like a boiler and had
a to be inspected on a regular basis. I don't remember what schedule
that was though. Think of the rust inside the air tank from compressing
high humidity air, getting hot then cooling and condensing inside the
tank. Don't you wonder just how thick the tank walls are after 7 years
of use?