fot

air benchs

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: air benchs
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:59:14 -0800
The best bench I ever saw was in a hot rodder's shop and he had a huge
supercharger to supply the air.  The flow bench was so loud you couldn't be in
the same room with it without noise canceling muffs (which I didn't have), but
his results did prove out on the dyno.

  Also a thing he did, and I copied, was to have the head sitting on a
cylinder the same exact size as the cylinder of the engine.This made a big
difference in the flow characteristics. My bench had four  1 hp Sear's vacuum
cleaner motors but just could not provide the air flow needed for the TRUTH
that showed up on the engine dyno. In several years of the flow bench it gave
an "indication" but not FACTS.

"never be beaten by equipment"
Kas Kastner