fot

Re: Litened ring gear

To: REK46@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Litened ring gear
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:25:41 -0600
This is a lightened ring gear for use to replace the TR4 series bolt-on
ring gear. It is made either from old ones that I can find or new ones from
Moss. It lightens the ring gear from about 3 lb to a little over 1 lb. and
of course the weight comes off where it does the most good. The teeth
remain the same. Just like the stock ring gear, it works with the later
series (not bull nose) starter and the aftermarket high torque starters. It
ain't cheap at $125, but that's a fair price considering how difficult it
is to do. Since it works just fine to make it from a used ones, I credit
$25 against the price of a reworked ring gear for every used one you want
to send me.

I'll get a picture up on Tony's website in the next couple of days. His
bewsite is

www.tonydrews.com

and some pictures will be there in a day or so.

At 01:56 PM 1/7/2005, you wrote:
>What ring gear for what car?.....ratio?...who did it?...whats the
>difference in wgt,does it mate to std pinion and bearings?....Rick

uncle jack