fot

Re: TR4 rocker ratio

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 rocker ratio
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:00:07 -0800
I don't think that is defection of the valve train due to spring pressure. I
got 1.45: as a rocker ratio when I checked it years ago with light tension
"checking " springs. The ratio will vary somewhat depending on how your
rocker arm geometry is set up. The farther away from the rocker shaft the
contact point between the rocker and the valve stem is, the higher the ratio
will be because the lever arm length is longer. Raising or lowering the
rocker shaft (or the end of the valve stem, or regrinding the end of the
rocker arm and changing the geometry of the arc on the end of the rocker
arm) will  all change the rocker ratio.
                                                                        Greg
Solow