fot

RE: TR3 RACING ON STREET TIRES

To: <KENMUN@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 RACING ON STREET TIRES
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:23:01 -0600
Hi Ken,

I ran my daily-driver GT6 in Midwestern Council's version of Solo I (timed laps
at Blackhawk Farms Raceway) for six years or so on Yokohama AVS Intermediates.
I thought they worked very well for a street tire.  They worked better as the
tread wore down to 3/16ths or so, but they worked well from new.  When my
current set is worn out, I'll be looking for the current equivalent from
Yokahama.

We usually got no more than 5 laps at a time in practice sessions, but in
drivers schools we got ten to twelve hot laps at a time.  I never had any
problem with them overheating and chunking.  Which was good, as I needed to
drive the car home and to work on Monday.

Scott