fot

RE: parts suppliers

To: "'Group44TR7@aol.com'" <Group44TR7@aol.com>, GRMTim@aol.com,
Subject: RE: parts suppliers
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:15:51 -0800
> Perhaps my armchair solution is too simplistic but I've always wondered
> about two lines of parts, a "pro-line" and a "value-line" on items where
> quality has been sacrificed to the point of reduced functionality.  I
> realize it would mean increased inventory and other support costs, but
> maybe the margin could be a little higher too.

Oddly enough, my local independant parts house does exactly that for many
items.  Several times now I've asked for parts, and been asked if I wanted
the "no name" at one price, or the "quality name" at a higher price.  (So
far I've always opted for the quality name.)

As a customer, I love being given the choice !  It leaves the impression
that if I do need to save money, that's the right place to go ... and it's
also the right place to go for top quality parts.  I go there first now, no
matter which class of parts I'm looking for.

They can even get a fair number of Triumph parts refurbished : brake
shoes/pads, clutch, starter, alternator, etc.   But they only had one Stag
oil filter in stock ... <g>

Randall