fot

RE: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,
Subject: RE: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:09:19 -0800
Actually, I think you are exactly right. Last night at about 1:00 PM I
finally got it all fairly clear, though I set it at nearly zero advance.
Right now I'm set at:
 intake: 36.5 btdc open 76.5 close   duration 293 centerline 110
 exhust: 80 open 39 close   duration 299 centerline 110.5
overlap is 75 all measured at .020 check clearance at the follower.

And by the way, thanks to Alan Taylor for his recommendation of the isky
book--it's on the site and I'm printing it right now--ten really good pages.
Also thanks to Kas for putting me on the right path, Tony for specs that got
me in the ballpark, and all the rest of you for ideas and encouragement.
Sure is nice to be able to yell HELP!! And get it, day or night.

As always, I'm learning more about this than I really wanted to know, but
maybe it will stick for a few weeks. My brain is getting pretty FIFO and the
turnover time is getting short.