fot

Re: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yikes and cam problem:: HELP!!!
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:18:28 -0600
Exactly right!  I recently took a close look at 6 different TR cams.
The actually seat-to-seat durations averaged 10 degrees greater than
advertised.  So, they tell us to use the numbers at 0.050 gross cam
lift.  How do you compare two cams using 0.050 numbers when one runs
with a valve clearance of 0.010 and the other runs at 0.030?  Not a very
useful standard.
Larry Young