fot

Re: one wire alternator

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: one wire alternator
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:39:26 EDT
I certainly appreciate all of the information on one line alternator
installations.  I will try to make something work.

<<Is the old +ground CDI for sale ?  I'd like to have it for my collection>>

I think that I will hang on to it for a while, in case I get desperate and
have to reinstall it again.  I bought a kit back in the early 70s, and an
electrical engineer friend assembled it for me.  I then took the car out to
Nelson
Ledges, and some Tech Inspector insisted that I run a wire between two of his
specified points to cut out the charging system with the Kill Switch.  I did
this and blew out the unit.  Later, with a lot of effort with the wiring
diagrams, I figured out how I damaged it.

Fortunately, I had wired in two double pole, double throw switches so that I
could throw them down and cut in a conventional ignition system (made from a
J. C.  Penny's 150:1 coil and an external ballast).  I was therefore able race
this weekend.  I then bought the necessary repair parts, and the engineer
repaired the unit.  It has worked perfectly ever since.