fot

TR-2 in 1954 film - was Re: Racing TRs

To: "michael cook" <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Subject: TR-2 in 1954 film - was Re: Racing TRs
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:07:43 -0400
Mike, (also Gary and the FOT group)

There's a DVD I found last weekend at Walmart which includes a TR-2 in some
segments.  I wrote the attached DVD review (see below) which I think would
be a good item for the next TVT you are working on.  I also picked up
several extra copies of the DVD and will mail you (Mike Cook) one on
Monday.  You'll love it.  Your Jaguar friends should really enjoy it
even more so.

I'm also going to see if there's some way I can
print out a couple of pictures from the DVD to possibly include.
I'll let you know how I make out doing so.

----------------------------------DVD REVIEW----------------------
    DVD Review: "The Fast and The Furious"
         Reviewed by Bill Sohl

"The Fast and The Furious" DVD, starring John Ireland and Dorothy Malone,
is available for the incredibly low price of one dollar
at most any WalMart.  The plot is classic "B" grade 1950s drive-in movie
stuff...good guy truck driver falsely accused of a murder (we'd call
it vehicle homicide today) teams up with femme fetal
socialite driving a race prepped street Jaguar entered to and in a
sports car road race in Southern California.  But enough about the
story which is a nostalgic trip of fun itself to watch...the real
"stars" in this 1954 flick are the cars which appear on screen
for a significant portion of this 73 minute black & white film.

Focal point of the racing scenes is a couple of Jags, but you'll
also enjoy seeing a host of other early '50s sports cars including
a TR-2, MG, Nash-Healey and others making appearances.
Also toss in a brief "concours d'elegance" segment and footage
of an antique race with a Maxwell and a Stanley Steamer and you can't
beat the entertainment value for car enthusiasts...especially
British car nuts, for the $1 cost.

Surprisingly too, both the video and audio quality is quite good.
The DVD, product code MV-596, is distributed by Digiview
Productions, 800-356-9230, www.digiview.com if you can't find
it a Walmart.  I also saw it available via amazon.com.