fot

Re: Kill Switches

To: cartravel@pobox.com, tony@tonydrews.com
Subject: Re: Kill Switches
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:31:49 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/05 4:04:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cartravel@pobox.com writes:

<< CVAR tech inspectors do require you to rev the engine to 3,000 and flip
the kill switch.  If it doesn't die, your car fails.>>

I wonder if he will pay for any damages that may occur?  It would probably be
worthwhile to install an additional switch for the alternator, and turn the
alternator off when driving to tech.

PEGASUS shows a switch with an alternator cut off through a three ohm
resistor, which is supposed to eliminate possible damage.  The switch I
installed
does not say anything about a resistor, and it is probably not included.