fot

Re: Kill Switches

To: henry@henryfrye.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kill Switches
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:10:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/05 9:13:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
henry@henryfrye.com writes:

<< My kill switch just shuts off the ground. No fancy kill switch with
 alternator contacts here.>>

Breaking the ground would stop the car with a generator.  If I thought about
it, I could shut off the generator before the test.  I wired the field through
one of the stock TR pull out switches on the dash.

I was thinking about doing the same thing with the one wire alternator, but
these switches may not be able to carry the higher current.  Does anyone know
of a heavier duty switch like this?  I have one for the ignition switch, which
I took out of a junker.  I can't seem to find these switches in any auto parts
store.

I believe that I found why my engine ran away.  One of the floats had some
gasoline in it allowing fuel to leak through into the engine.  I replaced it
with another old original float.  I assume that the after-market floats are
still
no good?