fot

Public relations...

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Public relations...
From: "MDunst / Gasket Works USA" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 11:21:29 -0700
How to control a tarnished image?  Ms. Dinsmoor is classic.

You just have to love spin management 101,rumor and image control.

 Ms. Dinsmoor does a wonderful job into 1) admitting wrong doing (a
crucially important factor) 2) thanking for bringing this infromation to her
(making you feel important) 3) admonishing innapropriate behavior (which
everyone already aggrees is not a good attribute)  and 4) from an
authoritative position will correct the mistakes and improove customer
satisfaction on a periodic basis.  This rhetoric is squeaky clean.  Problem
is that it may be true too.

 Hence, the forgiveness that racers can give the track management and
personel will depend upon their future actions.

We ought to let them know that they are the "racer watch list" for troubled
tracks.

Consider something like a "racer review of track facilities".  Five stars to
a track with the hallmarks of racer friendliness and reduced stars as
appropriate.

As I see it racers pay lots of coin to make tracks stay alive.  I would bet
tracks have a hard time keeping solidly in the black .

I have a hard time convincing myself to drive 2600+ miles to go to MIDO
unless their actions are verifiable.

Mordy Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
www.headgasket.com