fot

The New Mid-Ohio

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: The New Mid-Ohio
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 08:52:24 EDT
FoT,

There have been some exchanges back and forth on the Mid-Ohio issues with
assurances given that there is a "New Mid-Ohio" and that the 'gestapo tactics'
problem has been taken care of.

We know that the real problem resides at the highest level. I suspect that
the "top level" has recognized this. And it isnt just the security issue....

But the horror stories will continue to circulate until there is good news to
displace it. Human nature.

Public Relations Time.

A couple of well placed, well written articles (GRM/Vintage
Motorsports/Victory Lane) might work quickly and with little pain. Word of
mouth will take over
from there, if there is substance.

Although the situation is likely different for the non spectator VSCDA event
in October, PR work done now might have a positive impact on that particular
event.  I dont think a personalized form letter and a couple of gratuitous
spectator tickets will do it.

Mid-Ohio's success is good for everyone. I am looking forward to a 'user
friendly' Mid-Ohio instead of the "Mongrels of Mid-Ohio", as one west coaster
described them.

I am anxious to hear what Mid-Ohio Management has planned for us. A Win/Win
would be good.

Joe (A)