fot

Re: The New Mid-Ohio

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: The New Mid-Ohio
From: Mike Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 18:20:42 -0400
Ah, magazine articles!  VDCA sent a rep to Barber before anyone in the vintage
community had raced
there.  Our rep was given a nice tour, photos were taken and we had a nice
article published in
Victory Lane.  Then, when we arrived, our racers were treated like they were
trying to steal or
damage something.

After the event we had another article published, which ignored the bad things
and talked about the
wonderfulness of the place.  It's business you know.  Even Burt Levy's articles
about race tracks
dont have a section for rating how the mgmt treats entrants, organizers and
spectators.

Same thing with MO.  No magazine is going to publish a whining article.  It
doesnt encourage racers
to go to events, which doesnt help the bottom line of race organizers, who are
the ones paying for
the ads that publish the magazine.

Only communication among entrants shows what is happening to everyday entrants.

I look forward to a report of how things go at SVRA Mid-Ohio next month.  MO is
my favorite track
and I'll miss it this year to go to Mosport on the same weekend.

Mike Jackson