fot

Where to find anti-roll bar hardware?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Where to find anti-roll bar hardware?
From: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 09:11:14 -0400
The one-off aluminum bracket that slips onto the end of my rear anti-roll
bar just stripped out (there's a clamping screw that keeps it located on the
bar).  Think of a piece of aluminum bar stock, with a hole drilled through
it to slide on the roll bar, a hole tapped there at 90 degrees for a
locating screw (these threads stripped) and a slot cut in the other end to
accept  a rod end, with another hole bored through at 90 degrees to the slot
for the rod end bolt.  I tried cutting a new thread, but the bracket is not
thick enough to provide adequate thread bearing, and with a larger bolt it
immediately stripped again.
Here's the question - is this an "off-the-shelf" item in aluminum or steel
or do I have to have someone fabricate one?  Simple machining job but I
don't have the equipment.