fot

What's wrong with vintage racing

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's wrong with vintage racing
From: "john price" <john-price@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 18:43:55 -0500
Actually, there's very little wrong with vintage racing. I have been heavily
involved in several sports (competition soaring, antique airplanes, etc.) and
there are and will always be a lot of people in sports with more bucks than
I've got to throw at their passion. It doesn't take anything away from it for
me. I race on a shoestring as I suspect many of you do as well. If I am short
on cash and my car isn't ready, I go work corners (lots to be learned there,
guys). Don't let the bucks-up people get you down. They're just people too,
and as long as they aren't a**h**** they can come drink my beer anytime. As
one of our members so aptly put it - it all comes down to four little tire
patches on the pavement. Ride your chosen sport - don't let it ride you. And,
y'all be careful out there.

John R. Price
Velvet Turtle Racing
College Station, Texas