fot

Re: no lbc young drivers

To: "Jim" <britbits@tiu.net>, "'Fred & Mary Hodgson'" <stlnyc@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: no lbc young drivers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 00:31:38 -0500
What Jim said -- YES!!

Get him autocrossing. He'll learn car control there, can make mistakes with
minimal consequence, can get the "need for speed" out, will be in an
environment that largely discourages wild driving on public roadways, will
gain a respect for vehicle dynamics because he'll learn how to take a corner
with skill instead of mindless abandon -- the funny thing about that is he
ends up doing it faster but in a manner that is far less reckless. Oh, yeah,
it's fun too.

Boston -- that's New England Region SCCA -- solo chair (or last year's
anyway) was Chris Franson in Vernon, Conn. -- cfranson@earthlink.net or
860-875-6033. Regional Exec is Kathy Barnes, who's also an autocrosser, in
Tolland, Conn. -- kjbarnes22@snet.net or 860-875-0254. Either of them should
be able to get him/you started.

--Rocky Entriken