fot

RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder

To: "'wgrosenbach@juno.com'" <wgrosenbach@juno.com>, gkbyrne@optushome.com.au
Subject: RE: alloy head, for 6 cylinder
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:39:34 -0700
Wow, I love it.

Kind of like my Wilwood ultralights. I filled in the wilwood logo with JB
Weld, painted them scabby, orange peeled silver, and ran them for years
until the head tech inspector for HMSA (who's last name will return to my
feeble memory as soon as I press SEND) looked me in the eye and said "Cute.
But I don't want to see those next time. By the way, Wilwood is about our
age--he would have been 12 when your car was built, so don't even start."

Steve is way too smart. It's very irritating.

I was being inspected at Monterey about a year later, and Steve walked about
a hundred yards to look at my calipers and smirk at me. Don't you just hate
people with that kind of memory.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins