fot

Tr6 PI and racing

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tr6 PI and racing
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:48:21 -0700
I am setting up a TR250 for racing.  Have decided to use  PEtrol
Injection.  So now the questions begin [I know Charly Mitchel here in
Seattle area.  He is running PI this season in his TR6.  He has had a
lot of contact with Kas and I hope to benefit from his learnins.
None-the-less, I thought I would quesry the august group about any PI
experiences, modifications, etc.

I located a whole PI system from a Mr. Priestly in NZ.  $750 US
inclucing shipping.

Does anyone have have or know of any written resources [or URLs]
regarding modifying/imporving PI for competition purposes?  Saw one
where someone suggested using one throttle butterfly before the plenum
chamber and eliminating the six butterflies in the throttle bodies
[seems reasonable -- no sync problem and simple throttle control.]   Do
n ot know if this would be legal for 1969 racing specs.

I know Kas has suggests getting the injectors as far away as possible --
even outside the butterflies.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Other ideas/enlightenments other than replacing the Lucas fuel pump with
a more reliable one [Mallory?].

Thanks,
Chuck