fot

RE: F1's Cluster

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@cox.net>, KLynch7589@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: F1's Cluster
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:29:32 -0700
I watched the whole debacle. I bet Rubens wants to shoot Michael--what a
loon. I'm sure the blame will be pointed in every possible direction, but
I'd vote for Michelin. Of course who really can understand what's going on
with the Indy surface, but they should have at least understood they were
going to need something more durable.

If they'd stuck the chicane in then they'd be racing in a configuration that
no one had practiced or qualified on--lot's of room for protest and pointing
fingers, especially if a Bridgestone-shod car crashed there. If they let
Michelin replace the tires then they'd give a huge advantage to the
Michelin-shod cars, at a time when Bridgestone has had to struggle against
tire restrictions.

Probably no good answers. The tire rule needs fixing.