fot

RE: F1's Cluster

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: RE: F1's Cluster
From: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:26:05 +0000
FIA Formula 1 Sporting Regulation 74.a
Unless a precautionary tyre change is necessary for clear saftey reasons, only
a punctured or damanged tyre may be changed during the race. No refueling will
be permitted whilst a car is in the pits for the purpose of changing a tyre.

>From that rule I would say the only penalty would be that you have to make 4
stops instead of 2, 2 for tyres and 2 for fuel.  But you couple probably argue
that you could change tyres and fuel the car when the tyre change is
precautionary for safety reasons.

Other than that I think the penalty is exclusion if you change a tyre and it's
not punctured or safety related.  Didn't someone get excluded this year
because they used a tyre with the wrong serial number.

--
All the best
Aaron Johnson
#87 HP Spitfire 1500