fot

Re: F1's Cluster (now long)

To: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: F1's Cluster (now long)
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:41:22 -0500
IMS says there will be a race next year -- because there is one year
left on the contract.  No commitment beyond that one way or the other.
  Their ticket office was selling tickets for next year's race this
morning.

Local media interviewing people at the airport this morning report that
most non-US attendees will come back -- most domestic and locals will
not.  This may be the story they wanted to find, though.

Radio coverage last night was mixed.  Most blamed Michelin, a few
blamed Ferrari & Uncle Bernie and one finely educated sole suggested a
high banked dirt track race should replace it.

Maybe Michelin should not pass on the opportunity to test next year?

Brett Johnson
Indianapolis