fot

RE: GT6 rear sway bar

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 rear sway bar
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:41:58 -0700
> I have an Addco bar (bought from JC Whitney, of course) sitting
> around.  I've never installed it - my concern has always been that
> it will cause *more* inside rear wheel lift in corners, since it
> further will limit suspension travel.

The answer to that question, as I see it, depends on whether you're lifting a
wheel due to roll rate times body roll, or whether the rear suspension is
running out of travel.  On a stock TR3, the rear suspension runs out of rebound
travel fairly easily, so I feel increasing the rear roll rate (with a rear sway
bar) helps.  No idea if that applies to a GT6.  But if the roll rate is lifting
the wheel, then you have to either decrease the rate in the rear (softer
springs) or increase it in the front.

Randall