fot

Re: Oil pan gasket

To: m-syork@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Oil pan gasket
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:01:10 GMT
I have just been building up a layer of RTV.  I let it dry overnight and then
assemble it.   I pit Hylomar on the block, before putting the pan on, for some
additional sealing.  I have been doing it for a couple of years with good
results.  Joe(B)

-- "Mark York" <m-syork@comcast.net> wrote:
Dropped the pan on my 67 TR4A last night, what a mess. Does anyone have a
recomendation for an oil pan gasket other that the fiber ones offered? Maybe
a nice silicone version similar to (but not as thick) as the valve cover
gasket Justin Wagner makes (hint, hint Justin). Something to avoid scraping
the gasket from the block while under the car.
Thanks
Mark
Visit http://www.netzero.com/bestoffer to sign up today!