fot

Re: BRIC pile-up

To: greenman62@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: BRIC pile-up
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:56:59 -0500
The national organization is VMC.  I don't know that much about it, but
apparently it doesn't have any teeth.  I believe these types of problems
have been discussed in their meetings. Art Summerville of CVAR is always
talking about the laissez-faire attitude that other organizations have
about cheater motors and aggressive driving.  CVAR sent a lot of big
bore cars home when they started pumping engines last year. At CVAR a
spin or four wheels off means you come in (stop and go the first time)
and metal to metal contact means someone goes home.  With my TR3, I'm
happy to be in a very low key pre-1961 group at CVAR. I really enjoy
vintage racing and the attitude of most drivers.  I wouldn't be in it,
if overly aggressive drivers were the norm.
Larry Young