fot

Re: Slicks

To: 19to1tr6@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slicks
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:23:54 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/05 11:49:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
19to1tr6@comcast.net writes:

<< I would like to set up my Tr-6  with Racing slicks will  i  have to add
spacers to move away from the A-arm and ball joint. >>

Circle Racing Wheels will make your rims any offset that you want, rather
than using spacers.  I bought a set of Pannasports years ago, now using them
for
rain tires.  Back then, they only made one size.  Now I believe that they will
 make rims with any offset that you specify.

If you are still into spacers due to using existing rims, and can't buy them,
pick up a little aluminum plate of the proper thickness, and take it to a
machine shop.  Draw two circles on a paper, and show the bolt holes.  Add
dimensions showing the ODs of the plate, hub hole, and bolt pattern.  I have
some
government job plates made at Duquesne Light in the 70's.  Some are 1/4 inch
thick, and others are 1/2" and 1" thick.  With a TR-3, I am still using one
inch
thick spacers on aluminum hubs in the front.