fot

RE: TR 3 Steering

To: "'Joe Boruch'" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, dtalbott@archrepro.com
Subject: RE: TR 3 Steering
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:57:00 -0700
Actually I've seen Mr. Talbot drive, and I think this whole business of
translation to faster lap times is a bit off the mark. When you have a car
that handles with precision, you are much more comfortable passing people in
places where they would least expect it--like say in the middle of the
chicane, Dave. I suspect there are many people in the FOT who routinely beat
people who post faster lap times. It's not just how fast you are, it's where
you are fast.

If the car steers better and behaves nicer and you aren't turning a faster
lap time, then the next thing that needs tuning is probably you. It takes
time for handling changes to percolate into faster lap times--more so than
more horsepower or less weight. Because you have to learn to use the
advantage you've gained, and hustle the car more.