fot

RE: Engine won't run

To: britcars@bellsouth.net
Subject: RE: Engine won't run
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:26:11 GMT
If they can't make things as simple as points and condensors right, it makes me
wonder about their electronic systems.  Joe(B)

-- \"barry rosenberg\"  wrote:
I have seen bad condensers for years with Mallory dual points. And I bought
two new sets of points for mine before the Mitty. One was their higher
performance set and the other stock. Neither worked very well. I was
changing them just to be safe and the car ran horrible. Never thought to
check spring tension. We put the old set back in and it ran fine. We are
only using the Mallory to fire an electronic box so it can run on one set of
points and without a condenser, it is only an on/off switch. Still, I am
going to the electronic conversion from Mallory for the dist. I have had bad
Lucas condensers for the past 15 years and do not change it in a tune up
anymore as the new are usually worse than the old if the car is running ok
when it comes in. Having such poor quality replacement parts really makes
our jobs harder. Barry