fot

Another Won't Start Saga

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Won't Start Saga
From: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:51:46 -0700
Hello All:

I  completed the reinstallation of my TR4 engine and everything is hooked back
up.  I have good spark, valve and ignition timing appear to be in the ball
park, fuel (fresh racing gas) is present at the main jet.  The engine turns
over nicely with good oil pressure, however...it won't fire.  Not even an
occasional pop.  Pulling the plugs indicates no fuel is getting into the
chambers.  I squirted a bit of raw gas past the butterflies but still wouldn't
fire but not sure about getting into all four inlets as it takes four hands to
accomplish this task and I'm short two.  I haven't played with SU carbs in
quite a while so is there any trick to starting an engine up for the first
time?  Thanks.

Gary