fot

bearing help...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: bearing help...
From: tom strange <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:51:06 -0700 (PDT)
Help, I need some words of wisdom here...
  I have a spit 1500 that wants to run one more race this season.  We just spun
a rod bearing in it & I need a replacement.  We normally run the MG bearing as
it is slightly wider,   However..... I dont have an mg style bearing in stock
for the replacement.  I do have a set of bearings (standards) for a GT6.  I
believe this is the same as a stock rod bearing for the 1500 spit.
  The one I do have in stock is an ACL bearing & not as reliable as some, but
what do you all think.  If I use it, will it last 2 hours of run time?????
  I really dont want to have an engine failure for this person.... but I cant
see this bearing failing in the amount of time we want to run it.  the engine
will get a complete refresh after this race, over the winter.

Tom

 http://www.fot-racing.com/spit/caption/tom_strange.htm

#4 white spitfire