fot

Re: bearing help...

To: tstrange@sbcglobal.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bearing help...
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:48:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/05 10:53:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tstrange@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< I have a spit 1500 that wants to run one more race this season.  We just
spun a rod bearing in it & I need a replacement. >>

When you spin a bearing, it is usually a one way street, unless you have
better luck than I had in the past.  You pull the engine and grind the crank,
or
at least the one journal to the next under size.  I tried to just replace a
bearing once, and the engine turned into a massive explosion during the next
race.  The rod could also be deformed.

In ancient days, I use to hear about grinding a journal with the engine in
the car.  I do not know if they still do this.