fot

RE: Hurricane Katrina

To: "'Chris Kantarjiev'" <cak@dimebank.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hurricane Katrina
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:02:13 -0700
Actually, I was amazed at how much time Europeans spend in their cars given
the gas price. I was in France recently and it was traffic and congestion
everywhere. Cars are very seductive. Simple truth is that there are a lot of
things you can do with a car that you can't do with a bicycle, and once you
get used to driving, you start driving everywhere automatically.

I'm not ready for a gasoline shortage (not much reason why we should have
one), even my motorcycles get lousy mileage.

There's almost no response to rising gas prices here--I haven't seen anyone
filling cans (remember that?)