fot

RE: Water Temp Guage

To: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water Temp Guage
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:20:37 -0700
> Hello.  I want to replace the electrical water temp guage in my TR4 with a
> mechanical guage, preferably one with a guage face that reads in degrees
> Fahrenheit.  Anyone already undertaken this?

I picked up a mechanical SunPro unit at Pep Boys for cheap.  Bears almost no
resemblance at all to the other gauges but it doesn't bother me.  In fact, I
like the 270 degree sweep movement much better than the original 90 degree.
Fits the hole in the dash, and the sender fit into the thermostat housing
with no bushing or anything.  Only extra step was wiring the light into the
dash lights.  Now it's the only gauge I can read at night.

Randall