fot

RE: TR3 and TR4 tires (part 2 of 2)

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 and TR4 tires (part 2 of 2)
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:22:28 -0700
> The delivered cost of the Yoko AVS ES100's shaved to 4/32
> tread depth by Tire Rack was $425.82.

Tim,

I have the ES100's on my daily driver, a 2001 Subie Legacy GT Wagon (in
205-55x16).  The GT is lowered and stiffer from the factory.  While I have
not AutoX'd them yet, they are predictable and break smoothly, with no
surprises.  I would suspect that the 50% more costly AVS Sport would be a
better track tire though.  I had them on the Subie before the ES100's.  They
were crisper and sharper.  Certainly not 50% better, but noticeably better.
Then again, they were a lot thinner, almost bald, so that contributed to the
better handling too, I'm sure.  I'd be anxious to hear how they do for you.

Jack