fot

Re: Axles for Spitfires?

To: edwardbarnard@prodigy.net, joeg@neb.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axles for Spitfires?
From: chasgee@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:03:49 -0400
My hubs supplement the Summers Brothers axles by allowing for a larger needle
bearing and sleeve.  The bearing runs on the sleeve rather than directly on the
axle surface.  The upright needs to be widened slightly to accomodate the wider
hub.  They are also made of aluminum - half the weight of the stock hub for
those who are weight conscious.

I'll send details when I return home.

Chuck