fot

RE: TR3 and TR4 tires

To: "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 and TR4 tires
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:10:08 -0400
I've heard great things about the RA1, and since it's a Spec Miata tire
in our size it'll probably be around for a long time.  However, the fact
remains that it's a 50 profile.  It seems to me that the first step
would be to ask SVRA if they'll approve ANY 50 profile tires for group
3.  Even if we have to go to 16" wheels (if that is approved), we'd
recoup the cost is just a couple weekends.   OTOH, if they say No to
50s, we're either going to be stuck with today's choices, go to street
tires or the Yoke A048 until those are discontinued for some reason.
BTW, the SVRA tire spec for group 8 (TR6, TR250) includes down to 45
profile tires as long as they're treaded.  Don