fot

Re: TR3 and TR4 tires

To: tony@tonydrews.com
Subject: Re: TR3 and TR4 tires
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:40:49 GMT
I have raced a 300Z on Toyos in a 4 hour enduro and they looked the same at the
end as at the beginning and had great grip.  They are the current spec tire for
Spec Miatas in the Northeast and they hold up very well.  They are available
full tread (usually used as a rain tire) or shaved (Dry tire).

I use Hoosier R3S04 tires in the vintage SCCA group that I run with and they
will last a full season and then some.  They do, however look like slicks and
may not be acceptable for most vintage groups.  Jope(B)

-- Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
Another possibility has been mentioned to me that I thought I'd throw
out.  The Toyo Proxes RA1 is available in a 205/50R15 for $122 unshaved or
$137 each from http://www.bmwwheels.com/bmwwheels_toyo_tires.asp .   I'm
told that they last over half a season on spec Miatas which would be fairly
comparable to our TR's.  The tread looks fairly normal too.

- Tony