fot

Group 44 Gt6 - For Sale - Buyer Be Very Beware

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Group 44 Gt6 - For Sale - Buyer Be Very Beware
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:41:57 EDT
I was once involved in a foray into northern France to investigate a
potential Rally Spitfire found in a barn at a chateau. It turned out to be
quite real,
but the owner of the car, parts and other irrefutable evidence simply had an
inflated idea of it's value.

Nonetheless, I understand that it was since rescued by an enthusiast in Paris
who is performing a sympathetic restoration.

One thing that this car did have was the lightened white painted competition
department chassis frame - white to show any stress cracks. I don't know much
about the Group 44 cars, but wonder if they too had lightened white-painted
chassis frames? Or were they converted in the USA from new, but otherwise
standard road cars?

Regards

Lion

<A