fot

Re: anybody else seen this?

To: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>, Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: anybody else seen this?
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 04:27:49 -0700 (PDT)
Okay guys, you know you're all gearheads when you start to over analyze his
mechanics and forget what he's trying to say about the woman. Of course, I'm
not sure if I'd be interested in a woman that had two Strombergs in her blouse.
Unless of course they were twin "75's" perched atop a nicely built-up flathead
stuffed into a '49 Kurtis Craft midget. Pardon me I have to leave now.

Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com> wrote: Joe Curry wrote:

>No Spitfire ever came with Dual Strombergs. There were Single Stromberg
>ones but all the duals were SU's (either 1.25" or 1.5")

The guy's mechanics are as atrocious as the writing. :) The
carburetors don't sit on top of the manifold--they're on the end of it.
None of the Spits came with dual Strombergs. The damper knobs don't
require adjustment, and carburetors wouldn't be in chapter seven of the
shop manual....

Nexxxxxttttt? :)

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....