fot

Re: Interesting Catalog

To: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting Catalog
From: JReed@wilson.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:03:59 -0700
Same thing happened to me with new Champion C59. Champions are no longer
in my toolbox.

# 69 GT6+

John Reed
Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Staff Photographer
773-490-8908

Effective immediately, please note my new email address has changed to
jreed@wilson.com

"kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Sent by: owner-fot@autox.team.net
10/08/05 11:21 AM
Please respond to
"kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>

"Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: Interesting Catalog

The Lodge plugs were rather interesting.  You could disassemble them with
couple wrenches.  Easy to clean. I used them for a while,  then one night
opened the hood with engine running and it looked like the Aurora Borealis
under hood. End of Lodge plugs.

 Good for one thing though, you take them apart, throw away the innards,
then
weld an air fitting to the shell and then you have a tool to screw into a
combustion chamber, attach to the air compressor and you can change the
valves
springs without taking off the head.  The air pressure holding the valves
closed.  Lots better than using a piece of rope to pack up the area of the
combustion chamber as you did that job. My first helmet was one of those
Cromwell cork specials.  Heavy as the devil. As I remember it was $100 for
complete Hepolite kit of four pistons and sleeves 87mm.