fot

RE: INTRODUCTION

To: "'N197TR4@cs.com'" <N197TR4@cs.com>, jacqulynmincheff@hotmail.com,
Subject: RE: INTRODUCTION
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:42:21 -0700
Welcome, Jacquelyn,
I'm also a Portland driver. I'm surprised that I don't recognize your name.
I presumed it was just my abysmal memory (I'd suspect Alzheimer's but I've
always been this way) but I didn't find you folks in the SOVERN register.
I'd love to see your collection sometime. I'm also into both cars and bikes,
though I don't consider myself a collector (at least not in front of my
wife). I just find it a lot easier to buy bikes and cars than to sell them.

I look forward to meeting you folks, or if my memory is simply playing it's
usual tricks, continuing our lifelong friendship. How about a listing of
your cars and bikes. In the spirit of full disclosure I'll go first.

Peyote (1959 TR3-based special)
1962 TR3 race car (ridiculous cheater that's banned everywhere)
1967 Maserati Mistral
2004 Ferrari 360 Spider
Boxster, other mundane stuff

1950 Vincent Black Shadow
2005 Vincent Black Shadow Sport Tourer Prototype (one of four prototypes
built by Roush Engineering with RC51 motors)
1971/2001 Norton 880 Sprint (Kenny Dreer bike)
1959 BSA 500 Goldstar Clubman
1960 BSA 500 Goldstar Catalina
1968 Matchless G80CS
1972 BMW R50/5 Cafe Racer
1962 Honda 150 Dream
2002 MV Agusta Senna
2004 Yamaha FJR1300
Big wad of dirt bikes including a 1976 Yamaha 360MX that I bought new and
won the Riverside Grand Prix with back when you could put your foot down on
a dirt bike.

  _____