fot

Re: : Cooling System

To: vintage.racer@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: : Cooling System
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 23:20:23 EST
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Gary,

Always best to try this in a controlled environment to see if the problem is
beyond
this.  Hydrolock is not a nice thing.

Naturally, I first used the stuff when I had driven to the track and pulled
the rocker cover
to adjust the valves the next day after SU AM warm up and found water in the
oil.  As this was one of my first weekends qualifying on the pole, I was not
pleased, but in short order three friends came by and returned with three kinds
of stop leak.
We had two pace laps (not my doing), and I fell back at the start; all of
which helped (I do not like the "idle the motor" instructions), but do believe
in
running it with light load.
Needless to say, during the victory lap, I concluded that the stuff can work.

  Hardy

In a message dated 11/4/2005 5:01:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,