fot

Moreon Webers

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moreon Webers
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:14:24 -0800
Not surprising, I've been misunderstood as to the Weber SU comparison.  The
Webers when tuned properly will make more power than the SU types, no
question. I thought I made that quite evident when speaking about the GT-6
engine used in our Tran=Am Vitesse.  My point was that MOST are not tuned and
the S.U.are easy to tune and lots of times can show the Weber cars the air.

Also, in my tuning I was running against other factory teams and I needed the
Nth degree of power all the time and could not afford to leave something on
the pitwall. Thus the tuning went on every session. Think about, when was the
last time you stopped during a session and made a carburetor adjustment to
meet the climatic conditions of the time period or for that matter made a
anti-roll bar adjustment to improve the handling for a given day and track
condition?

"never be beaten by equipment"
Kas Kastner