fot

Re: Fwd: [WtW] OT: The Nordschleife Challenge

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: [WtW] OT: The Nordschleife Challenge
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:30:25 -0600
Awesome!  It reminds me of the time that I rode around the Texas Motor
Speedway in a Chevy 15-passenger-type van with Tommy Saunders at the
wheel (really good SCCA autocrosser).  We had been allowed to run laps
of the track during an SCCA National event in the track parking lot, and
we piled into the van and took off.  He sandbagged something fierce then
took off!  I don't know how fast we were going, but we were most of the
way up the banking, and my favorite memory was of the rosary he had
hanging from his rear view mirror hanging almost sideways!

Needless to say, he was spoken to strongly by the track administrator,
and was not allowed back into the track for the whole event!     ;)

Have a great day!
Susan        :)