fot

RE: Fwd: [WtW] OT: The Nordschleife Challenge

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fwd: [WtW] OT: The Nordschleife Challenge
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:18:02 -0800
Any time you take a Barber or Russell school you're bound to have some high
speed van rides. As Grassroots Motorsports once showed, a decent modern
minivan is a good competition for any Porsche more than 20 years old. A
fifteen passenger van is a bit more challenging.

However... What that young lady was doing at Nordschlieffe is a different
deal altogether. I've never driven it physically, but I've got hundreds of
laps on GT4, and ten minutes is really good in a high performance car. It's
incredible in that absurdly tippy, tall diesel van. I suspect that young
lady would be down in the eight minute range with a good minivan.  I loved
hearing her whoop like that. I do the same thing inside my helmet, but I
think my voice is a little deeper.