fot

Rollbar padding material question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Rollbar padding material question
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:32:35 -0500
All,

What is the current wisdom regarding rollbar padding?  For myself a very
firm material is best; if too soft, it compresses easily and then provides
no
padding at all.

Searching sundry cattledogs I find different types of padding, but with no
indication of "quality" of the material.  So what is the bees knees, and
what
is a reliable description of the material that a sales agent can understand?

Hope ya'll had a great holiday.

Shane Ingate in Maryland

PS Swapped the road springs on Rags today; after the motor went in, the
car still sat funny.  Turns out  when I assembled the rolling chassis I
mistakenly swapped front for the rear springs, and vice versa.  Very
embarrasing.