fot

tr4ans, OD, etc

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: tr4ans, OD, etc
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:34:15 -0600
All the torque curves I've seen for TR engines are so darned flat
that I don't think the need for lots of gears is as great as an
engine with really peaky hp and torque. I think the number of gears
most desirable should relate to how peaky your engine is and how you
want to drive the car, plus how much you want to work on your car at
the track. So what I'm saying is that if you get 165 hp and the band
is about 1000 rpm wide, go for lots of gears. If you have 150 hp and
a flat torque curve, use just a few gears and save the time repairing
the electrics associated with the OD for girl watching.

uncle jack