fot

Leak down testing

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leak down testing
From: "Marty Sukey" <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:11:07 -0500
What is the "proper" way to do a leak down test?

A)      Engine hot?

B)      Engine cold?

C)      Doesn't matter, you wont see a difference?

I was tinkering in the barn some today so I popped the hood on the TR and
started pumping some air just to see where things were at inside the old
gal. I didn't like what I saw. Now it has been sitting for over three months
and it was probably about 50 degrees (the engine).  I am thinking maybe I
should have fired it up and let it run some before I dove in. What say ye?

Marty